The theory and practice of human rights
The assignment is to review ” Night and Fog” (1955) film in relation to the development of human rights regime.
• Provide a description of a scene only where necessary. We will have all shared in the experience of the film, so do no more in the way of description beyond a prompt to a scene that you may wish to critically analyse in order to make a point about the tension of individual rights and states’ rights and as it pertains to the film.
• Do not leave it at description, provide critique. Film critique evaluates the aims of the storyteller and his or her choices in how that story is told (images, evidence).
• Provide an analysis of the film using themes and concepts in the course. How did this material help (or not help) in delivering on learning goals set for understanding the role of the Holocaust in the development of the post-1945 human rights regime.
• All reviews should include and will be graded upon the quality of what you deliver in the way of:
– A statement of your thesis about the film, its content and what understanding it lends to the role of the Holocaust in the development of the post-1945, international human rights regime.
– A statement of the filmmaker’s purpose and its relationship our module’s purpose in analysing the origins of the contemporary international human rights regime.
This is a link to the film:
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂