Discharge Summary Template Form
Discharge Summary Form Sample
This week, you will develop a Discharge Summary Plan with Bo. Review all of the work that you have completed with Bo throughout this course (the Ecological Assessment in Unit 2, the Assessment in Unit 6 and the Individualized Service Plan in Unit 7).
Complete the Discharge Summary Template Form based on all of your work with Bo and all that you have learned throughout this course.
Review the completed Discharge Summary Form Sample before you begin your Assignment. The completed form is not based on Bo’s story. It was created to show you what a completed form should look like, using a different client.
Complete each section thoroughly using information from both the Unit 6 Assessment and the Unit 7 Individual Service Plan Assignment, as well as all other relevant information that you have about Bo.
- Be sure to use a strengths-based perspective and Bo’s own words where appropriate.
- Presenting situation at admission should match information entered on Unit 6 Assessment form.
- Select your reason for ethically terminating services with Bo. Possible reasons for discharge can be found starting on page 439 of your text.
- List five of the goals that you created with Bo in Unit 7.
- Discuss Bo’s progress towards his goals. For each goal listed, state whether the goal was achieved, or if the goal was not achieved, state the plan for discharge.
- Summary and recommendation should be supportive, ethical, culturally sensitive, and reflect an ecological framework. Client should be made to feel reassured and supported during termination.
- Sign and date the form appropriately by typing your name, Bo’s name and Tammy’s name, since Bo is a minor and the date completed at the end of the Discharge Summary. If this were a real Discharge Summary with a real client, you would provide them with their own copy and update their electronic medical record. Instead, you will submit your completed plan to the Unit 9 Assignment Dropbox