2- Build a Twitter account and conduct a mini Twitter research
Learning Objective: • Learn how to tweet and use twitter as a strong marketing platform • Become capable of identifying the media strategy of a brand and their target audience on Twitter. Resources
Twitter offers a social networking and micro blogging service, enabling its users to send and read messages called tweets. Tweets are text-based posts (you can include photos, links, etc.) of up to 140 characters displayed on the user’s profile page. Twitter is perhaps the fastest social media platforms in spreading news across the world.
There are thousands of resources, tools, and guides about twitter (Optional). • You can find a guide on How to Attract Customers with Twitter by clicking here
• Tweetdeck offers free standard management of Tweets: http://www.tweetdeck.com/
• www.Hootsuite.com is an example of services that support dashboard management of multiple social networks and profiles.
• Video training resource on Lynda.com: Twitter for Business (2 hr 27 min)
Task 1. Twitter is an exciting world. Welcome yourself to this exciting world by creating your account at Twitter.com, if you don’t already have one. I personally like twitter as it is a turbulent environment and it is easy to follow new trends every day.
2. Then click at “Who To Follow” tab on top of the your twitter account page to find whoever you would like to follow and catch up with. I suggest you to follow your interests and those who would be useful for your career.
3. I also publish interesting marketing materials through my twitter account). Also I might occasionally publish contents on Twitter using #MKT. I would suggest you to do the same if you like to share something with your classmates on Twitter.
4. After creating your account and following your interests, find a company or person that is related to your career plan and conduct a research on their tweet history. Answer the following questions: • How does this company or person use Twitter to promote its products or services? (Please state the total number of Tweets, and the approximate number of tweets that you have sampled in order to draw your conclusion.) • Who are in their network? (Please state the number of Followings and Followers, and approximately how many of each you have sampled in order to draw your conclusion.) • Who are the target audiences? (Please describe approximately how many Followers you have studied in order to draw your conclusion.)
Please use Kuwait airways twitter account as career plan account
5. Submit your Twitter account name (e.g., @yourname) and answers to the above 3 questions (please label question #) to the instructor via Titanium, as a Word document, to Twitter Research Assignment Submit Here. Please see a sample of this assignment on Titanium.