Indicate which of the two (2) scenarios from the Assignments Overview you have chosen as your mission. In this first assignment, you will lay the groundwork for your program design.
Scenario chosen is
Scenario 2 – Develop an Introduction to Social Media for Professionals program for new clients at Parker Community Career Center
Parker Community Career Center (PCCC) is situated in suburban Maryland, and is a resource center where adults can get advice on career counseling, job search strategies, resumes, and interviews. Many of the clients who come to PCCC for career assistance are over 40 years of age. Through a survey, PCCC has identified the need for these clients to receive education and training on how to use social media to meet career goals. Your mission will be to create an Introduction to Social Media for Professionals program for adult clients over 40.
Write a three (3) page paper in which you:
- Discuss three (3) factors that led you to choose your scenario (e.g., professional experience, personal experience, future career goals).
- Find and review three (3) articles from the Strayer University Library/Resource Center on adult learners. Explain how you will use what you learned from these articles to develop your program. Note:You can access the Strayer University Library/Resource Center by clicking on the Resource Center link at the top of your Blackboard course shell; then, search for “adult learners”.
- Discuss two (2) methods that you will employ to create support for your program from internal or external stakeholders.
- Complete a Needs Analysis for your program. Note: You may use Exhibit 6B “Elements of a Formally Structured Needs Assessment”as a model in creating your Needs Analysis.
- Use at least four (4) quality peer-reviewed academic resources written within the past five (5) years.Note:Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.