Assignment 2: The Benefits of Word
Suppose you had the opportunity to speak to a group of people who had never used computers and were reluctant to utilize applications such as Microsoft Word to perform pencil-and-paper tasks such as writing letters, making lists, creating documents, etc.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Provide at least three (3) concerns that you believe the group would have about using computers and word processing applications.
- Describe one (1) strategy that you would use to ease the identified concerns of the group, and explain the specific information that you would communicate to them to achieve this goal.
- Explain two (2) additional benefits that you would present to the group to help them understand the specifications of these types of applications and enhance their knowledge of them.
- Use at least two (2) quality references in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the purpose and use of microcomputer applications in organizations.
- Distinguish among the common features of microcomputer applications.
- Use word processing software to create and format documents.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in microcomputer applications.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to microcomputer applications using proper writing mechanics and technical style convention.