- Assume that a population of thousands of people whose responses were used to develop an
anxiety test had scores that were normally distributed with M = 30 and s = 10. What
proportion of people in this population would have anxiety scores within each of the following
ranges of scores?
- Below 20.
- Above 30.
- Between 10 and 50.
- What is SEM? What does the value of SEM tell you about the typical magnitude of sampling
- As s increases, how does the size of SEM change (assuming that N stays the same)?
- As N increases, how does the size of SEM change (assuming that s stays the same)?
- Under what circumstances should a t distribution be used rather than the normal distribution
to look up areas or probabilities associated with distances from the mean?