Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Part 1: 1 page minimum written out fully in paragraph form.
Either invent and describe a company, or describe a company for which you work. Then, you will describe a community outreach program that your company sponsors and runs as well as an annual event related directly to your community outreach program. The community outreach and event can be invented or currently in existence.
Specifically, describe the following:
- Your business
- This company can be any operation you wish, such as a microchip firm, small retail business, health care company, hospital, school, nonprofit organization, restaurant, or anything else, as long as it is a business that interests you and operates in a realistic context.
- Your community outreach program
- This program might help needy families, those serving in the military or supporting others that do, college students, people moving toward valuable vocational degrees, at-risk youth, people involved in environmental causes, or someone else deserving of assistance.
- The event you sponsor and run for your outreach program (this must be an annual festival)
- Choose your event. Be realistic and practical in this regard. Consider only useful, altruistic activities that serve a community in a sensible manner.
In a 1-page internal memo, invite a small team of fellow employees to a strategic planning meeting to discuss planning strategies for the annual community outreach festival. Because this will be a relatively informal and highly anticipated meeting, include tasteful graphics, and use a cordial and professional tone. The format must follow general business writing guidelines. For instance, single-space and left-justify paragraphs, double-space between paragraphs, do not indent paragraphs, and so on.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.