The importance of culture on any managerial decisions can be perceived on two different layers: the corporate culture and the national culture. Globalization compels companies to internationalize, so they must choose a strategy that enables them to remain competitive in a global marketplace. A company’s strategy defines its future, and correct planning and implementation is key to the company’s success or failure. Companies face an environment often perceived as hostile and unstable, and they need to redefine their strategy, giving it a new orientation.
Using the Argosy University online library resources, locate at least three different scholarly sources on cultural impact on management and strategy. Discuss the following:
- Based on previous experiences and the information you derive from the literature, is it your perception that many companies are really concerned about the importance of corporate culture and national culture when defining their strategy? Explain your position with some real-world examples.
- What role can either corporate or national culture play in defining a strategy?
Write your initial response in a minimum of 300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Saturday, October 8, 2016, post your responses to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, October 12, 2016, review and comment on at least two of your peers’ responses.
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read all the posts from your peers.
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Provide substantive comments by contributing new, relevant information or quotes from course reading, Web sites, or other sources; building on the remarks or questions of others; or sharing practical examples of key concepts from your experiences, professional or personal.
- Make sure your writing is clear, concise, and organized; demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.