Pharmacology 3; 2015
Pharmacotherapeutics of Migraines
Total Weighting: 40%
Submit through Assignment Minder in the Library
The pharmacotherapeutics of migraines encompasses two main classes of drugs, NSAIDs, which are first-line treatments and the Triptans (eTG).
In this assignment you will be required to review the following:
• the pharmacology of NSAIDs and triptans and relate this to the pathophysiology of migraines. (This section is only worth 10% of the total marks, hence, it should be brief).
• summarise the clinical evidence that supports the efficacy and safety of the classes of drugs for the treatment of migraines from reviews provided by systematic reviews from evidence based medicine databases/sources i.e. Cochrane Reviews Database etc. You should provide a summary of the evidence from these reviews and use the publications on the individual clinical trials for the next section.
• critically evaluate the clinical evidence to provide an appraisal of the quality of this evidence in terms the recommended requirements for the publication of randomised clinical trials (RCT) (i.e. CONSORT) in such areas as:
• clinical trial design
• inclusion and exclusion criteria
• sample size, randomisation, blinding, bias
• limitations and interpretation
The assignment should be 2500 ± 10% words in length and submitted in a double-spaced format, Times New Roman 12pt font.
NB: any variation to these mandatory guidelines will incur a loss of several marks. A paper copy must be submitted to Assignment Minder located in the QUT Library.
Review of the pharmacotherapies for migraine headaches 10%
Summary of clinical evidence 20%
Critique of clinical trials 30%
Spelling and grammar 10%
Diagrams and presentation 10%
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂