Breakfast on Pluto, by Patrick McCabe, was first published in 1998 and was a huge success, almost winning the 1998 Booker Prize (the top prize for literature in Great
Britain). The novel takes place in the 1960s to 1970s and tells the story of a transgender woman by the name of “Pussy” Braden during The Troubles, a particularly
tumultuous and dangerous period in Ireland’s history.
Instructions – Essay 2: 100 points, due Friday, 27 February 2015
This paper must be submitted electronically. Your essay should be at least three full pages: double-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman, one-inch margins. You are
required to use In-Text Citations and a separate Works Cited page for this paper. You will be graded on your adherence to MLA formatting and citation guidelines.
Your essay should answer ONE of the following:
• “Pussy” searches for her identity throughout the novel. Throughout the novel, Pussy struggles with being in love. What is love to Pussy and what role does it
play in determining how she identifies herself? Use examples from the novel to support your answer.
– OR –
• The search for identity plays a significant role in the novel Breakfast on Pluto. How important to the story is it that Pussy Braden is a transgender woman,
rather than a cis woman? Could the story have been told just as effectively if Pussy Braden was a cis woman? Explain your answer.
Grading will be based on the following:
• Completely answering the question
• Use of examples from the book
• Effective introduction and conclusion
• Paper is centered around one main idea (thesis)
• Paragraphs are focused
• Following MLA Guidelines
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂