Critical Analysis of a Strategic Plan
1. Discuss and briefly outline the organizational structure of the UTO of Arizona State University.
2. Discuss how UTO seeks and obtains input for the Information Technology strategic plan and its implementation; e.g.
recommendations for technology priorities, evaluation of technology, benefits to the University. What organizational structures
and arrangements have been formed and are being used, and for what purpose.
3. Consider the ASU Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Define ERP. Specifically, but briefly, discuss the University’s ERP
system; what software does it consist of; what specific strategic purposes does it serve. Beyond the “vision” statement, what
specific visionary (long-term) changes are being considered in the strategic plan relating to the University ERP system .
4. The UTO strategic plan includes seven “Areas” of focus. Each Area is divided into one or more “Goals”. How does the strategic
plan track progress relating to the Goals of the Areas of focus. Give an example.
5. Discuss Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT) of the plan (e.g. are “Areas”, goals, and action plans well
defined/ sufficiently specific; are action plans doable; have tasks been assigned; have resources been identified; have schedules
been identified, etc.). Are there any improvements you would recommend to the plan based on the course materials and “best
practices” from the strategy literature.
6. Write a report using the “Final Report” format requirements (see the previous slide). Maximum 12 pages (excluding any
Link to UTO of ASU: https://uto.asu.edu/files/IT%20Strategic%20Plan%202012-2016.pdf
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂