Apply decision-making frameworks to IT-related ethical issues
Social Networking. What are some of the ethical issues surrounding using new social networks? How are these now considered for business use? What are business social communities? Are new/different protections and security needed for these networks?
There are several ethical theories described in Module 1: Ethical Theories. Module 2, Methods of Ethical Decision Making, describes 3 frameworks for ethical analysis. For this paper, the following elements must be addressed:
• Describe a current IT-related ethical issue; and define a problem statement
• Analyze your problem using a decision-making framework chosen from Module 2.
• Discuss the applicable ethical theory from Module 1 that supports your decision.
• Prepare a minimum 3- 5 page, double-spaced paper and submit it to your Assignments Folder as an attached Microsoft Word file.
• Provide appropriate American Psychological Association (APA) reference citations for all sources you use.
In addition to critical thinking and analysis skills, your paper should reflect appropriate grammar and spelling, good organization, and proper business-writing style.
Students must identify the ethical approach used. The steps in the approach must be used as major headings in the paper. For example, Kidder’s approach has nine steps:
Kidder’s Nine-Steps are:
• Recognize that there is a moral issue.
• Determine the actor (whose moral issue is it?).
• Gather the relevant facts.
• Test for right-versus-wrong issues.
• Test for right-versus-right paradigms (what sort of dilemma is this?).
• Apply the resolution principles (ends-based, rule-based, or care-based).
• Investigate the “trilemma” options (look for common ground or compromise).
• Make the decision.
• Revisit and reflect on the decision.
Each of these steps must be a major heading in your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂